Thursday, September 18, 2008

Upcoming MOPS preview and Contest!!!


Our next meeting is one week away, thought you might like a little preview of things to come. We will hear from Dr. Hallie Keller, she’s a Pediatric ER Doctor. She will be speaking to us on preventing childhood injuries, when to take a child to the ER and when to wait it out. There will be lots of time for Q&A, so start thinking of questions you may have.
Also, mark your calendars on October 11th from 4-6pm for our first annual Family Fall Celebration & Chili Dinner at Draper City Park. There will be dinner, games and activities for the whole family.
We'd also like to add a new blog feature called Ask a Mentor Mom where our awesome Mentor Moms will answer your burning questions(no not hemorrhoid questions, mothering questions). What an awesome resource. So this week's blog contest is to post a question for our Mentor Moms. Then throughout the year they will take a stab at answering these questions. Just make a comment to this post and include your question as well as your first name and last initial (so we can tell who wins). Then we will have a drawing at our meeting next Thursday for all moms that posted a question. The prize will be something fun, useful, or rectangle...lol. Happy questioning!! Oh and a reminder Orange Table you have Adventure Basket and Purple Table you have brunch.

7 comments:

me said...

What are some ideas for teaching your children compassion?
heather f.

Susan Nelson said...

Sibling fighting....the gift that keeps on giving no matter the age, it seems. Any suggestions as how to promote a "siblings for life" mentality and discipline techniques that bring them together instead of apart?

Susan Nelson said...

I don't know how to edit my comment, but I forgot my name! Susan N. for the sibling fighting question.

Emily said...

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter still sleeps w a pacifier at night. Do you have any helpful suggestions on how to get rid of it? Or is this something that I don't need to worry about now?

Emily C.

Leslie Kay said...

My two year old will only eat pancakes! Looking for suggestions for picky eaters.

Leslie B

By the way - I love the idea of the blog. What a great way to get information. Thanks Heather

jmwalton said...

I am having a hard time getting my 3 year old to sleep in her bed. She fights me at bed time, and then eventually runs to my room in the middle of the night. Any suggestions on how we can both get a good nights sleep?

Melissa W.

Anonymous said...

what are some travel tips for flying and driving with an infant? -Carrie T.